Lepore Taylor Law LLC was founded by Filomena Lepore Taylor. Filomena, or Fil as her clients call her, is licensed to practice law in New Jersey and New York and has over 12 years of experience as a U.S. immigration attorney. Over the course of her career she has counseled businesses of various sizes, helping them attain visa petitions to facilitate work assignments of specialized personnel, professional workers, managers and executives. She also advises clients on the development of immigration compliance programs, ongoing developments in immigration law and policy, and government enforcement actions. She is particularly experienced in the preparation of PERM labor certification applications before the U.S. Department of Labor as well as marriage-based immigration and U.S. citizenship and naturalization.
Filomena has cultivated lasting relationships with her clients. These range from Fortune 500 corporations to individuals and entrepreneurs spanning industries including finance, information technology, pharmaceutical, healthcare, bio-tech, food and beverage, construction, engineering, architecture and design.
Prior to establishing her practice in 2016, Filomena was a Partner with the immigration practice group of a prominent New York-based full service law firm. She remains Of Counsel to the firm. Before that, Filomena worked for a boutique immigration practice in Philadelphia, PA. During law school she was a member of the Law Review and worked with the U.S. Department of State in Naples, Italy.
Filomena holds a Juris Doctor law degree from New York Law School and a Bachelor’s degree in History from Colgate University. She has studied and lived abroad in Italy and speaks fluent Italian.
Colgate University (B.A. 2001)
New York Law School (J.D. 2004)
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
Memberships and Affiliations
American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
Italy America Chamber of Commerce
Forum for Expatriate Management
- AILA New York Chapter CLE, Panel Speaker, H-1B Advanced Issues – 2016
- AILA New York Chapter CLE, Panel Speaker, PERM 101 – 2015
- Forum for Expatriate Management, Panel Speaker, Workforce Compliance – 2015
- Italian Cultural Institute, Panel Moderator, Immigration Options for Scientists and Entrepreneurs, 2013, 2014
- New York Law School, Panel Speaker, Careers in Immigration Law – 2007
- New York Law School and Columbia Law School, Invited Guest Teacher, co-taught topics including U.S. permanent residence and employment-based immigration options – 2007
- AILA Philadelphia Chapter CLE, Panel Speaker, Hardship Waivers – 2005
Filomena has provided pro bono legal representation to indigent foreign nationals including a victim of human trafficking, an abandoned juvenile, an asylum applicant, a victim of domestic violence and several deportees who risked separation from U.S. citizen family members. She has volunteered her services to The Safe Passage Project in New York City and has served on the advisory boards of The Waterfront Project in Hoboken, NJ and Street Soccer USA, in New York City.